The seat that houses the Archivio Turi Simeti [Turi Simeti Archives] registers all of the works created by the artist starting from 1960 up until the present day and is the only institution which is authorized to issue certificates of authentication of the artist’s works.
With the exception of multiples, artist’s books and objects of day-to-day use (which are nevertheless taken into consideration and entered in the inventory of the archives), the Archivio Turi Simeti offers a free authentication service of the artist’s works on canvas, his paper works and one-off sculptural pieces whose archiving process must be carried out as indicated below.
• Owners of works are able to carry out an initial contact with the Archivio Turi Simeti by sending an email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, taking especial care to specify their personal details (name and surname, postal address and telephone numbers) and supplying minimum information regarding the works that they intend to archive (year the work was carried out, its sizes and provenance). The owners must also include photographs of authentication documents already issued by the Archivio Turi Simeti, or by other persons, as well as photographs of the works (one of the front of the works, one of the rear of the works and one showing the detail of the artist’s signature).
• As soon as the above material has been sent the Archivio Turi Simeti will contact the owners of the works, in each case indicating the procedure to follow in able to obtain the definitive archiving of the works or else the updating of the information already found in the archive in the case that these works are already known and have already been catalogued.
• In order to facilitate the updating and organization of the data of these works the owners are kindly invited to complete the form in every part – directly obtainable from this web site – which must be sent to the Archivio Turi Simeti. In this way it will be possible for the Archivio Turi Semeti to begin the registration process of the works, as well as giving the authorization on the part of the owners to allow the Archivio to make a record of the owners’ personal data.
The Archivio Turi Simeti guarantees maximum confidentiality in treating the personal data submitted.
• In the case of works that have already been archived, the completion of the form will permit a further verification and/or the updating of the data to be found in the Archivio Turi Simeti. Moreover, following the sale of works the new owners are kindly invited to inform the Archivio in such a way as to permit the constant updating of the data bank and historical files of the individual works registered.
• In the event the Archivio Turi Simeti does not possess suitable, publishable photographs of the front and rear of the works, the owners of the these works will be asked to send the following material to the Archivio:
· a colour digital photo (CMYK) of the front of the work, photographed without its frame or display casing and visible in its entirety;
· a colour digital photo of the rear of the work, visible in its entirety;
· a colour digital photograph of the detail of the signature;
· a colour digital photograph of the detail of other writings or inscriptions, of rubber stamps, labels and other important details.
Everything described above must be done by a professional photographer and supplied without reproduction rights. The digital photographs must have a minimum base (or height) of 25 cm, a resolution of 300 DPI (dots per inch), be in JPEG, EPS or TIFF format and, if at all possible, must be cropped and squared and should have a white background.
• Before giving a certificate of authenticity the Archivio Turi Simeti may ask for a direct examination of the works which must be presented at the seat of the Archivio Turi Simeti in Via Comelico, no. 40 in Milan without a frame or display casing.
• The works must be delivered by their owners or by someone possessing a written mandate to do so and be left at the disposal of the Archivio Turi Simeti for the time necessary for their examination.
• The authenticity certificates issued by the Archivio Turi Simeti, in the form of an 18 x 24 cm colour print, are signed directly by Turi Simeti who superintends all requests for archiving and authentication.
• In no case whatsoever will Turi Simeti sign authenticity certificates for works accompanied by material that is not of the requested quality or which has not been subjected to the regular archiving procedure as specified above.
• On having been issued with archiving and authenticity certificates, with every change of ownership the works must be accompanied by these same certificates.